Thursday 1 July 2021

Grocery shopping list for June 2021

This post is the thirtieth in a series and the ninth to chronicle diets. 

4 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 87kg. Later, a friend gave me some nashi pears.

6 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86.7kg. Later, the same friend gave me apples and kiwifruit.

My calorie count for the week just past being, as follows:


My activity chart was:


And the macronutrient intake was:


This week I ate an average of 44.8g of carbs per day.

7 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86.3kg. Later, went to IGA and bought (see receipt below) milk, Bega Tasty cheese, tomatoes, mushrooms, a lettuce, and low-carb snacks.


9 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86.5kg. Later, went to Coles and bought (see receipt below) low-carb snacks, low-carb bread, hummus, chicken wings, a blue grenadier fillet, ling fillets, salmon fillets, barramundi fillets, some gouda made from goats’ milk, and some red cheddar cheese.


13 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86.2kg. Later, went to Campsie and bought avocados, nectarines, a capsicum, and a banana chilli. Also popped in at Woolies and bought soap, sandwich bags, and baking paper. Receipts below.


My week’s calorie count was, as follows:


The activity chart went like this:


And the macronutrient chart was like this:


This week I ate an average of 42.6g of carbs per day.

16 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86.3kg. Later, went to IGA and bought milk.

18 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 85.9kg. Later, went to Coles and bought (see receipt below) salmon fillets, barramundi fillets, chicken wings, hummus, and low-carb snacks.


22 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86.2kg. Calorie intake for the week ended was:


My activity was:


And my macronutrient chart looked like this:


The previous week I consumed an average of 52.4g of carbs per day.

Later, went to IGA and bought (see receipt below) milk, Jarlsberg cheese, gouda, Bega Tasty cheese, sliced pastrami, sliced silverside, chicken wings, and almonds.


26 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 85.8kg. Later (due to lockdown) went to IGA and bought almonds, Bega cheese, and apples. Also stocked up on loo paper. See receipt below. A woman passing me on the footpath as I walked up a street near my home looked at my packages and said, “Sorted?” I used a rising intonation in my voice to reply to her, expressing a world-weariness in the single word I deployed: “Yep!” A friend had a day or so before thanked me for buying for her a big pack of loo paper as, she told me, her supermarket had run out. She included a photo of the empty shelves with her message. My innate conservatism comes in handy at times like this. Before going down to the shops I’d lingered, on tenterhooks, on the couch watching the government press conference and asking myself if I should go. Finally, not able to withstand the urge to get up and move, I walked to Botany Road and made purchases.


27 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 85.9kg. Later, went to IGA and bought (see receipt below) hummus, eggs, pickled chillies, olives, a jar of cooked asparagus, sliced ham, sliced pastrami, and low-carb snacks.


My calorie intake for the week just past was:


My activity chart looked like this:


And the macronutrient chart was:


In the week just past I ate an average of 65g of carbs per day – well over my target!

28 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86kg. Later went to Campsie and at a butcher’s bought (see receipt below) sirloin steak, chicken wings, and pork chops. At a different shop bought a large fillet of orange roughy (which, cut up and bagged, made portions for three meals).


29 June

Morning weigh-in had me at 86.6kg – a shocking increase! Later, I saw a promotional email from Campos Coffee in my inbox offering 20 percent discount on all coffee so went to their website and indicated that I wanted my usual three bags, as I was anyway planning to buy coffee in the near future, but when I put in the code that the email contained it didn’t register with the interface, so I paid my usual amount (see image below).


I phoned the company at about 8.30am and talked for about five minutes with a staffer, who said that the matter would be addressed, and at 11.49am an email arrived from them telling me that a partial refund would be made in two or three business days.

No comments: