Thursday 23 December 2021

Take two: Everything Ravaged, Everything Burned, Wells Tower (2009)

 I bought this at Vinnies for $3, but when this small miracle happened is a mystery to me for my sins. The sticker is still on the spine, “Sold As Is” – though what that means I have no idea. I guess there’s no guarantee, with books from Vinnies, that every page will be in place so you can successfully and uninhibited get to the end.

I took this photo with some small watercolours by Zuza Zochowski in the background. The paintings hang in my living room behind the couch and I can see them when I come into the room from the kitchen, where I make pots of tea to drink in between reading or watching the news on TV. If you want to read a full review, see my Patreon. I really don’t know if the author of this book is still alive. He seems to have had one successful publication but apparently his Facebook account has been inactive since 2013. The mysteries multiply … 

No comments: