Wednesday 15 December 2021

Take two: Best New Singaporean Short Stories, Volume 3, ed Cyril Wong (2017)

I bought this curious book at the 2MBS FM book bazaar but before that it’d earlier been bought at Kinokuniya’s in the Sydney CBD several years ago. The sticker on the back o0f the book tells me it was bought there sometime in or after January 2018. I haven’t been to Kinokuniya for a good long time, probably at least a year now, but normally they carry unusual things like this. 

As any good independent bookseller does. Not all of the stories in this collection are equally good but for a full book review, see my Patreon

I’ve taken a photo of the book’s cover in front of Dick Watkins’ ‘Untitled Drawing 07’, a favourite red-and-blue painting of mine that I chose on this occasion to feature on account of the colours. The book’s cover is a nice shade of blue. The mounting board used for framing the painting was something I chose. 

No comments: