Monday 20 December 2021

Take two: The Dating Game: One Man’s Search for the Age of the Earth, Cherry Lewis

I bought this book from the Co-Op Bookshop in 2008 or thereabouts for 90 cents. What a cracking price! Less than a measly dollar for a woman’s study of the life of the man who worked out how old our Earth is. 

I chose for the background in this photo a satellite photo of Sydney I got out of a Sydney Morning Herald in 2002. What think you? Does it make sense to use a satellite photo for a background? This book is a biography (see my Patreon for full review) but the subject is geology. For those out there who are, like me, interested in science, it might make sense to use this photograph for decoration of this post. I like surprises, and this book contains a good number of ‘em. 

No comments: