Sunday 17 October 2021

Take two: Magpies, Squirrels & Thieves: How the Victorians Collected the World, Jacqueline Yallop (2001)

For a full review, see my Patreon

I don’t remember how this book came into my collection but it’s been unread ever since. I came across it not long ago when I was downstairs in the garage looking for history books to flog online. This one caught my eye and the spine reminded me that I hadn’t read it. It was bought some time in May 2012 or soon thereafter for $24.99. I think it was bought new at a bookshop, but the price sticker isn’t branded, which suggests it was an independent bookshop. Possibly Books of Buderim as in those years I was living on the Sunshine Coast. 

After I starting this book I fortunately got a haircut and the barber didn’t surprise; I half-feared he might charge extra due to the length of time without a trim!

No comments: