Monday 7 August 2017

Documentary maker, Martin Place

The guy on the right in this picture is making a documentary about the tent city in Martin Place. I met him last Friday when I was up there nosing around and we had talked then about the rights of people capturing images under Australian law. His name is Blake. I told him that making videos of people in a public place is perfectly legal, because he had mentioned something about getting release forms signed.

Today, he shook my hand and gave me a quick "G'day mate" before turning back to the important conversation he was having with the two other young men who can be seen in the photo. He was running a camera up and down a track that was set on the pavement, and talking with his new friends. I didn't see Lanz Priestley in the camp so I wandered off, heading down the hill to find some lunch.


No comments: