Monday 28 August 2017

Beggar, Market Street

This poor fellow was sitting on the corner of York Street and Market Street yesterday when I was making my way home, but I didn't have any money left to give to him. I had given a handful of gold coins to the woman sitting in Pitt Street Mall with Bear the dog - who I met three weeks ago - although the woman was different this time. It was most certainly Bear with her though, he even had on the same jacket with the faux-fur trim. I had also given five dollars to the owner of Roxanne (who I wrote about two weeks ago), who told me this time that the dog is "an American staffie-cross with ridgeback". "I reckon she's been up half the night," he added when I asked about her, giving me the same line he had given me last time I had given him some money. Roxanne was lying on his lap as he sat cross-legged on the pavement, which is her normal perch.


No comments: