Friday 8 December 2006

I got an invite to join a group called MyPeopleConnection Book Clubs on LibraryThing that seems to be growing quite fast. Jen Tierney posted the invite on my profile page.

The home page of the group is a U.S.-based community organiser that operates in many of the large cities on the continent. There doesn't seem to be an Australian chapter.

Jen posted in early November but I didn't pick up the message until now. It just shows how hard I've been economising. For about a month I really haven't had occasion to visit my LibraryThing profile page. But today I went to the bookstore and picked up a few books on sale as well as one I've wanted since I read of its publication: Black Inc.'s The Best Australian Essays 2006, which is edited by Drusilla Modjeska.

MyPeopleConnection Book Clubs has over 230 members and a vibrant message board. I guess I could post a message asking if other Sydney-based readers were interested in starting a book club. Might get a response.

No comments: