Thursday 18 January 2024

New blog for Goulburn show

Trying new things has always been a way of choice, so now I’ve set up a new blog for a show to take place in Goulburn from 8-22 March. ‘Gold 4WD’ is, as you’ll learn from a post I am putting there tomorrow, the title of the show because of a short visit to the town two weeks ago.

Now I’ve done my share of road trips, in fact I bought my Aurion in 2007 because I wanted to drive around the country more. I was living in Sydney and my parents were living in SE Queensland, and it’s a 1200km journey between the two points. ‘Gold 4WD’ is a sort of homage to that car because my current car, an SUV, isn’t gold, it’s navy blue.

‘Navy Blue SUV’ just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

Now, does it?

Above: the promo tile I made. I expect and hope that those of you who know someone living in Canberra or surrounds might encourage your acquaintances and even your friends to go to Goulburn on Sat 9 Mar for the opening event, it’ll be from 4-6pm. It’s just a “short” drive. Short for regional Australia that is.

My days of driving long distances, I thought, were over until I secured this wonderful opportunity with the help of Michael Garside, who runs Gallery 59 on Citizen St, but I WILL be driving down there ahead of the show to drop some things off for promotional purposes.

You can be sure of that.

For further details I encourage those of you who are reading this post to go over to the new blog to find out what it’s all about, and why I chose the name. You might be pleasantly surprised.

No comments: