Wednesday 30 August 2006

Without taking my umbrella with me I took a detour to the Co-op Bookshop at lunchtime. A sale table beckoned! From there I picked up two books:

Selected Cantos, Ezra Pound
Weapons of Choice: World War 2.1, John Birmingham (2004)

And because I just can’t help myself when it comes to sales, I grabbed three more volumes from the 20%-off sale table a few feet away:

Seeing, Jose Saramago (2006)
Shalimar the Clown: A Novel, Salman Rushdie (2005)
A Long Long Way, Sebastian Barry (2005)

The cost? Around $100, which is not so bad for that many books. Sigh.

I then meandered down to a distant newsagent to pick up some magazines, because they’ve got a better selection than the one close by my place of work. I could only find The New Yorker however, which disappointed me somewhat. And on the way back to my desk I got soaked in a spring shower. In two days’ time it’s the first day of spring!

1 comment:

kimbofo said...

I love, love, love Sebastian Barry's A Long, Long Way. Hope you enjoy it.

Oh, and as an aside, I've visited Ezra Pound's grave: he's buried on an island cemetary off Venice.