Friday 4 February 2022

Take two: The Circle, Dave Eggers (2013)

I don’t know when this was bought but it must’ve been in 2017 as that was when this edition was published. The sticker on the back says it was bought at Dymocks. Now, there’s a Dymocks on George Street in the CBD and because I used to go for walks from my apartment in Pyrmont it could’ve been bought there but I have no recollection of the event. I suspect that this was what happened, however, as such a solution makes most sense.

I’ve taken this photo of the book’s cover in front of a mid-century painting by a deceased family friend. An old family friend. I chose Pixie’s painting as ‘The Circle’ contains new money from IT and one of the founders likes the mid-century aesthetic. In fact ‘The Circle’ is about a large company like Meta or Alphabet and Eamon Bailey, the art connoisseur, has flair and panache. Full review here.

No comments: