Sunday 25 March 2007

Becoming Jane will open this week at both the Dendy and Palace cinemas in Sydney. I mentioned the production back in December. The post contains some details about the real story behind the movie, which is probably going to be guilty of "sexing up" the story of Jane Austen's romance with Tom Lefroy.

As we can see just by looking at the publicity material supplied by Blueprint Pictures. Anne Hathaway is far too gorgeous, dreamy and altogether perfect. She doesn't fit my image of what Jane Austen really looked like.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Anne Hathaway is gorgeous--painfully so--and while I can probably accept her as Jane, I'm still unsure about this movie. I wasn't too thrilled with the trailer, but I'm also resigned to the fact that I'm going to see it anyway; I'm a loud and proud Janeite, after all.