Friday 28 January 2022

Take two: Rupert Murdoch: An Investigation of Political Power, David McKnight (2012)

I bought this book a long time ago – almost ten years! – but for some reason never got around to reading it until now. It was probably bought at Books of Buderim. It’s from Allen & Unwin and cost $33 – the recommended retail price (I assume) – which is a fact because there’s a sticker on the back cover. At the time of reading I hadn’t bought a new hardcopy book for a period of months.

I chose for this photo to take the picture in front of a painting by Darren Munce bought from a little gallery in Thirroul. I like the abstract tendency of the work of art and the black it uses to convey meaning chimes with the same colour on the book’s cover. Red and black two colours that, for me, have special significance. If you want to read the full review, you’ll have to subscribe with Patreon. If you do, you’ll be able to understand why I gave this book a rating other than “positive”. 

No comments: