Thursday 18 May 2017

Losing more weight

It is Thursday here in Australia and tomorrow's Friday. I confirmed this earlier when an American friend on Twitter said that tomorrow's not Friday and I said, "It is here." "Great," he said, "how does it all end?" "In tears," I replied, "as usual." "Dammit," he said in reply. But at least we all know what today is anyway.

I went to the dentist this morning to get my teeth cleaned. It was the second visit for the cleaning because they had to numb up one side at a time. It wasn't too horrible. i find the anaesthetic phase of the operation to be by far the worst part of it. The cleaning is just a bit noisy. But putting great big needles into your gums isn't fun.

I went to the dietitian yesterday and we weighed me on their magic scales. I came in at 1.3kg under my weight a month ago, despite the fact that I had sort of binged in Japan on great food. It's entirely my fault that I slipped with the dieting, but now I'm back I can put my nose to the grindstone and bite my lip when temptation strikes, as it always does. I restarted the diet once I got home - I got home the weekend before last - and so that must have helped.

On the thinning front things have been going quite well. I cinched my belt in another notch the other day, which was the first time I had done this with this belt. You can tell things are going well when your clothes start to fall off you. Now I feel full again because the belt is tight but at least I can try on a size 38 next time I go to the menswear department at Myer for trousers.

On Monday the framer is coming over - all things being equal - to pick up two paintings that I want him to wrap for me to send to Japan. They now have lots of wallspace and not a lot of things to hang on it, so I'm helping to fill the blank areas. I have some paintings just sitting on the floor here, so I already have more than I need in the painting department.

No comments: