Pages

Saturday, 14 April 2007

Clips put on YouTube of The Chaser's War on Everything don't bother the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). The federally-funded broadcaster was bemused when it emerged that a 15-year-old Perth boy was "demanding the removal of hundreds of video clips from the YouTube website".

The story, from Australian Associated Press, was reported by both Sydney broadsheets tonight. According to AAP: "the teenager had been contacted by the ABC's lawyers and had since apologised".

Head of ABC-TV comedy Courtney Gibson said that "YouTube was sending copyright infringement notices to people who have been uploading Chaser clips to YouTube, threatening to shut down their access to YouTube if they persist". This worried the broadcaster.

She also said that the ABC will be "following up with [the boy] next week". Presumably to discover his motive.

No comments: